What image does the word “locksmith” conjure up in your mind? Many people immediately think of someone who fixes locks when they hear the word locksmith.
It’s important to remember that a locksmith is far more than just someone who repairs broken locks. Security systems and devices have evolved as a result of technology.
Locksmiths today need specialized training in order to be able to work on modern locks and security systems. Changing technologies have expanded locksmiths’ scope of practice. Like to replace the key of your car a car key replacement locksmith will help you out and in case you need help with the lock of your house you might need the services of a residential locksmith.
Below are a few types of locksmiths.
Residential locksmiths are technicians who specialize in security systems and locks. Local locksmiths are typically found in these situations:
- A lockout
- Keys that are broken
- Service for repairing locks
- We can install locks for you
- Services regarding security system installation
- Residential services are available 24/7
- Duplication of keys
When you have a lock or security system problem in your home, residential locksmiths are the people to call.
The company specializes in helping people who are locked out of their homes or apartments, and if you lose your keys they can help.
Locksmiths like these work in commercial buildings, such as offices, schools, and malls.
Commercial locksmiths work with sophisticated locking systems and gadgets, as opposed to your typical residential locksmith.
Locks that provide controlled access, locks that can handle heavy traffic, etc., are among their specialties. The following list of commercial locksmith services is provided:
- Installing a new lock or security system
- Repair and maintenance of locks and security systems
- Service of duplicating keys
- Installing and repairing key-card locks
- Lockout service for commercial buildings
- Services such as rekeying
- System of master keys
- Upgrade to the security systems
- Installing and unlocking in a safe way
- Locking services for filing cabinets
The problem of locking oneself out of a vehicle is not uncommon. Even remote-controlled cars can present you with challenges. Thankfully, automotive locksmiths are on hand to help.
The task of an automotive locksmith involves dealing with car lockouts. An auto locksmith can help you if you have lost your car keys or need to gain access to your vehicle without breaking a window. Automotive locksmith services include the following:
- Rekeying of automobile keys
- Programming of car keys
- Unlocking of doors and trunks
- Service of removing keys from cars
- We offer lockout services
- We can repair, remove, and install broken ignitions
- Services of key cutting
- Services for reprogramming chip keys
An emergency locksmith is available 24 hours a day. The key to this is the fact that they will respond to your call at any time, even late at night or during the weekend.
An emergency locksmith is also known as a mobile locksmith. It’s essential to call an emergency locksmith if, for instance, you’ve been robbed and require new locks.
An emergency locksmith usually works with a variety of locks and security systems, including those for cars, homes, and businesses.
Do you need locksmith services for yourself? With Westgate Locksmith, you can get all your locksmithing needs to be handled. We are here to help you with any kind of locksmith service, whether it be residential, commercial, or car key locksmiths.